"Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
President Thomas S. Monson

your mama's playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Big Day for Jake

Today Jake received the Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon. Wow! Grandma & Grandpa Helm and Grandma & Grandpa May came to be a part of his special day. I'm excited to see him progress in church. I better take tissues to church next week when he passes the sacrament for the first time. I cried when each of my old cub scouts passed the sacrament for the first time. The old theory that what goes wrong on special occasions is what you will remember and what really makes them uniquely yours applies to today. When we got to church Jake and Sofia went into the chapel together without me. Mia and I came a little slower with Grandpa and Grandma May. When Tony, Kayla, & Rachel came in late we didn't know where Jake was. Since he was supposed to go up to the podium I went out to look for him. Well he was sitting in the chapel with a friend...so I missed him being presented to the ward. I'm really sad about it but hopefully some day I will be able to laugh about it, just not today. It is memorable though! I told Jake after the meeting that he stole one of my special mother moment's. How's that for mean! At least I got to see him ordained. (I'm still trying to convince myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment